- Yoni egg, Jade egg or Love egg are names for a beautiful semiprecious stone carved into an egg shape and polished to be worn inside the vagina. “Yoni” is a Sanskrit word for the female genitalia that means “sacred space.” Its symbol has been worshiped in Eastern cultures since ancient times for bestowing life, creativity and love. It is estimated that women have been practicing with stone eggs for over 5,000 years. Empresses and concubines of the Royal Palace of China used eggs carved out of jade to access sexual power, awaken sensuality and maintain amazing health into their old age. This ancient secret practice was only available to members of the royal family and to select Taoist practitioners.
- The eggs are drilled so you can attach a cord (silk cord, unscented dental floss) to other eggs or to extra weights and try vaginal weightlifting. Beginners can use the cord to help retrieve the egg easily. The eggs range in size and weight, from the largest eggs for the beginner, to the smallest eggs and most difficult to manipulate, for the expert. Some eggs may be boiled to sterilize them or just rinsed after use to maintain their cleanliness. The smoothed to perfection surfaces will be a glistening proof of hygiene. Eggs are handmade with lots of love, thoughtfulness and integrity. Yoni eggs should never be enhanced or altered, contain no harmful plastics, solvents, silicones, PVCs and other unsafe materials.
- Generally eggs come in a small, medium and large size. The vagina being as adaptable as it is, most woman will be able to fit all sizes easily into their vagina. Larger eggs are just that, large and heavy. Despite the heaviness, the girth of the egg is easier to grab onto, and the massage-effect of the egg moving up and down in your vagina will be greater. However, the bulky size and weight will limit your dexterity training. We recommend large eggs for women who have recently given birth, or women who feel their muscles are very weak because of age or surgery. If the idea of flexing your vaginal muscles makes you uncomfortable, this larger egg will help stimulate the area and help you to familiarize yourself with your own body.
- Small eggs are difficult to maneuver because they require an advanced level of muscle control. They should be used by more experienced Yoni egg users. They are also good for adolescents and virgins. Most women will find that the medium-sized egg is just right. It may fall out at the beginning, but with a little patience you will find that your body will adapt nicely to this size.
- For sanitation purposes, it’s best to throw away the string after each use. Dental floss is the easiest string to use because it’s thin, disposable, strong, sterile and widely available. If you are into the natural thing, cotton, silk or hemp strings are also great options. The string is a good aide to help beginners take their egg out. After using the egg for a certain time, most women will prefer to push out (or lay) the egg without the help of a string. The string can then be used for weight training, or what is called Vaginal Kung Fu.
- The interlocking crystalline structure of the egg makes it so the stone has a smooth surface with very few pores. This deters bacteria from building up on the stone, and makes it easier to clean. Vagina has very advanced self-cleaning systems that control the acidity and bacteria levels to maintain a healthy balance. It is important to clean the egg before you insert it inside yourself, but it is unnecessary to sterilize it every single time. Many Yoni egg users simply wash their egg before and after use with organic soap and water (make sure you clean the hole), and only sterilize about every week or so.
- Many sterilization processes can be aggressive, including boiling, steaming, or the use of harsh chemicals. We do not recommend any of these. Possible residue from harsh chemicals will affect the delicate balance of the natural flora in the vagina. Boiling or steaming will damage the internal structure of the egg over time, weakening the natural qualities of the stone. Soak your egg in a solution of diluted tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract or vinegar. Be sure to clean the egg with organic soap before use. Although these products are natural, they are powerful anti-bacterial agents and can disturb the natural flora in the vagina.
- Another option is to wipe your egg down with alcohol (whiskey or vodka work great), but remember to rinse the egg afterwards. The vagina can absorb any residual alcohol and can unexpectedly intoxicate the user. Many ladies don’t use their Yoni egg while menstruating. This time can be used to soak and sterilize your egg.
**Please note that all healing or metaphysical properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.