Background * History
- The name »Turquoise« comes from the French »Turqueise« meaning »turkish stone«, because it was first transported to Europe via a Turkish nation. Turquoise is typically blue-green with brown/black veins of matrix running through it. It is mined across the globe, and each location yields specific stone colors and characteristics ranging from the bright sky blue-matrix free Sleeping Beauty turquoise from Arizona to the rough, organic yellow colors and heavy matrix mined from Africa.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- It encourages enthusiasm and brings to light undiscovered artistic abilities.
- Turquoise provides understanding and encourages attention to detail while attracting prosperity and success.
- It is believed that turquoise can help balance the blue throat chakra, enhancing the ability to communicate while increasing resistance to viruses, helping to relieve sore throats and allergies.
- Nowadays, turquoise is believed to offer protection and to be helpful for careers and travel.
- It is thought to facilitate leadership and clear communication.
- Turquoise is thought to alleviate migraines and benefit the brain, eyes, ears, neck, lungs and throat.
- Turquoise is related to feelings of peace and balance.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||sky blue, blue-green, green|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Iran, Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Israel, Mexico, Tanzania and USA.
- Turquoise is porous, so chemicals can damage it. Use only pure water and a soft cloth to wipe it clean, and you can clean your Turquoise frequently without causing damage.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces, Taurus