Background * History
- Tanzanite is an exquisite form of Zoisite with color ranges from ultramarine to Sapphire blue and appears with Amethyst and sometimes even yellow hues in artificial light. It is often mistaken for Sapphire, but the main difference between the two gems is Tanzanite’s brilliant range of purple and blue hues.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Tanzanite is commonly believed to facilitate a higher consciousness and stimulate intuition and perception.
- Some believe that it aids in detoxifying the body and improving vitality.
- Tanzanite is thought to inspire compassion and to encourage calmness.
- It is also believed to be helpful in facilitating communication and solving problems.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Hardness (Mohs)||6.5 – 7|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Ultrasonic cleaners, steam cleaners, and boiling may damage the stone or affect the color and should never be used. Instead, use warm soapy water, allow to air dry and polish with an untreated cloth. Avoid using hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acids.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Pisces, Aries