Background * History
- Sodalite gets its name from its sodium content. Apart from blue, Sodalite can be grey, yellow, orange or pink. Although massive Sodalite samples are opaque, crystals are usually transparent to translucent.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Sodalite brings emotional balance and calms panic attacks.
- It enhances self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-trust.
- Sodalite balances the metabolism, boosts the immune system and overcomes calcium deficiencies.
- It combats radiation damage by soaking up electromagnetic smog.
- Sodalite treats the throat, vocal cords, larynx and helps with digestive disorders.
- It cools fevers, lowers blood pressure and stimulates the absorption of body fluids.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||blue with occasional streaks of white|
|Hardness (Mohs)||5-1/2 – 6|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, Greenland, India, Canada, Namibia, Russia and USA.
- Sodalite can be cleaned using warm, soapy water. Wipe down stones using only a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soapy residue. Sodalite can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures and harsh household chemicals and cleaners. Avoid exposing Sodalite to bleach or acid.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Sagittarius, Taurus, Libra