Background * History
- The name Septarian or Septaria comes from the Latin word “Septum” meaning seven, or “Saeptum” which means a wall or enclosure. Septarian (also called Dragon Stone) is a Geode that is a combination of brown Aragonite, grey Limestone, yellow Calcite and white (clear) Barite. As the balls dried they shrank inside and had a tendency to create a distinctive pattern of 7 points in every direction. Septarian nodules are unique in that they were formed as a result of volcanic eruptions and attracted Dead Sea life chemically bonding them to the sediment and forming mud balls. They are composed of Calcite, which makes up the yellow centers and Aragonite which are the brown lines. The outer grey rock is Limestone.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Septaria can bring calm energy which has a nurturing feel and can bring feelings of joy and spiritual uplifting.
- It is used to enhance and nurture communication with groups, making it much easier to speak clearly and kindly.
- It is also used for the blood and kidneys, for anemia, bruises, joints, nightmares and weakness.
- Septaria is also used to assist in communication with Mother Earth.
- It is a grounding stone, giving us better tolerance and patience, as well as emotional flexibility.
**Please note that all healing or metaphysical properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Al4[(OH)8 ǀ SiO10] . nH2O + Ca, Fe, Mg
CaCO3 + Fe, Mg
|Brown, Tan, Black, Gray, White, Reddish, Golden
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Utah (USA), Madagascar, New Zealand, England, Morocco, Slovenia…
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- Septaria can be cleaned very easily using warm soapy water and a soft brush. As with most gemstones, you should not use any household chemicals when caring or cleaning your gemstone or gemstone jewelry. Extreme heat may cause permanent damage to the agate.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Cancer, Scorpio, Taurus