Background * History
- Ruby is a variety of Corundum that gets its red color from Chromium. Corundum that occurs in other colors is classified as Sapphire. In its pure form, Corundum is colorless. The word »Corundum« comes from the Tamil »Kurundam«, meaning »Ruby Sapphire«. The English name »Ruby« comes from the Latin word »Ruber«, meaning red. The most desirable Ruby color is a rich deep red with a hint of blue that is known as »pigeon’s blood«.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Ruby has long been attributed with the ability to protect its wearer from injury and to cure blood disorders including menstrual pain and circulatory problems.
- It is also said to provide its wearer with energy, emotional strength, positive attitude, heightened awareness and focus.
- It improves motivation and setting of realistic goals.
- Ruby balances the heart and instills confidence.
- Encourages joy, spontaneity, laughter and courage.
- Ruby encourages removal of negative energies from your path.
- It overcomes exhaustion and lethargy and imparts potency and vigor.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Myanmar, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Afghanistan, Australia, Brazil, India, Cambodia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Tajikistan, USA and Vietnam.
- To clean your Rubies, simply use warm soapy water and a soft cloth. As with most gemstones, ultrasonic cleaners and steamers are not recommended.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn