Background * History
- Rose Quartz came to be known as the stone of love from the Greek myth about Aphrodite and Adonis. Their blood was commingled when Aphrodite was cut by a thorn bush while saving Adonis from an attack by Ares. Their blood stained white Quartz to make it a rose or pink color. The Romans used the stone as a gift of love. Rose Quartz is also known as a »Bohemian Ruby«, »Hyaline Quartz« , »Pink Quartz« or the »Love Stone«. It is a variety of Quartz Crystal that is commonly found in Brazil and Madagascar. It is a Silicon Dioxide Crystal and one of the more common types of Quartz. Its color may range from pale to strong, with the stronger colored specimens demanding a higher price on the market. It is usually found in massive form as opposed to obvious crystal shape.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- love, trust, harmony, relationships, heart, friendship, inner healing, peace, comfort, grief, circulatory system, body fluids, leukemia, fertility, miscarriage, meditation, forgiveness, reconciliation, empathy, tension, stress, jealousy, anger, heal broken heart, skin, circulatory system, female reproductive system, blisters, burns, scars…
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, India, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Sri Lanka and the USA.
- Rose Quartz can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures, and harsh household chemicals and cleaners. Avoid exposing Rose Quartz to bleach or sulphuric acid. Rose Quartz can be cleaned using warm, soapy water. Wipe down stones using only a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soapy residue.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Taurus, Libra, Leo, Sagittarius