Background * History
- Rhodonite gets its name from the Greek word »Rodon«, meaning »rose colored«. Rhodonite is a rose pink to dark red gemstone with black dendritic inclusions. It is a Manganese Silicate, and a member of the Pyroxenoid group of minerals.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Rhodonite softens our needs.
- It reminds us that leisure is important and that there’s a bigger picture we often lose sight of.
- Rhodonite is said to bring calm, confidence and clarity of mind to its wearer.
- Rhodonite is considered to be helpful for skin disorders, and to encourage the healing of cuts and scars.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||rosy pink to pink with black inclusions|
|Hardness (Mohs)||5.5 – 6.5|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Australia, Finland, Japan, Canada, Madagascar, Mexico, Russia, Sweden, South Africa, Tanzania and USA.
- The best way to clean Rhodonite gemstones is by using soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse well to remove soapy residue. Do not expose Rhodonite to sudden changes in temperature. As with most gemstones, ultrasonic cleaners and steamers are not recommended.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Taurus, Sagittarius