Background * History
- The name Rhodochrosite comes from the Greek word »Rhodokhros«, meaning »rose coloured«. In Argentina, Rhodochrosite stalagmites formed in Inca silver mines that were abandoned centuries ago. Sometimes it is also called »Rosa del Inca« or »Inca rose stone«. Rhodochrosite is Manganese mineral. It is usually raspberry red with pink stripes.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Rhodochrosite is thought to encourage positive feelings and personal strength.
- Pink color associates it with emotional healing, love, compassion, creativity and intuition.
- It helps us with our blood pressure, respiration, migraines and the sexual organs.
- Rhodochrosite opens the heart and is encouraging a positive and cheerful outlook.
- Rhodochrosite purifies the circulatory system and restores poor eyesight.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Rose-red to yellowish
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, USA, Romania and Hungary.
- Rhodochrosite is a soft gemstone, so it should be cared for in order to prevent damage. The best way to clean Rhodochrosite gemstones is by using soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse well to remove soapy residue. Do not expose Rhodochrosite to household chemicals or excessive heat. As with most gemstones, ultrasonic cleaners and steamers are not recommended.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Leo, Scorpio, Aries