Background * History
- The name Prasem comes from the Greek word “praso” meaning “leek” because of a dull leek-green colored Quartzite. If it is leek-green then it is called “Prasem” (whether it is micro- or macro-crystalline). It can also be called Edinite, Prase, Prasio or Prasius.
Healing Properties * Metaphysical
- joy, negative energy, depression, eyes, bruises, heat stroke, heart, immune and endocrine system, emotional fatigue, cyst, meditation…
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||green, grey-green, blue|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, China, Ecuador, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Morocco, Nepal, Russia, Spain, England, USA…
- Prasem can be easily cleaned using warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or brush. Be sure to rinse it well to remove any soapy residue. Jasper is quite porous which allows it to be easily stained, absorbing other chemicals and colors very easily. Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme heat, as heating quartz can permanently alter the color of your gemstones. When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches. It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports. Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Cancer, Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius