Background * History
- Rainbow Moonstone is the name given to a variety of Labradorite that exhibits a multicolored adularescence on a light body color. Rainbow Moonstone is a member of the Feldspar group, which make up approximately 60% of the Earth’s crust.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Moonstone helps us see things more clearly.
- Rainbow Moonstone offers us visions of things that aren’t immediately obvious. Because it helps us avoid tunnel vision, we are able to see other possibilities.
- When we wear Rainbow Moonstone, life-changing inspirations can happen more and more often.
- Moonstone is a stone of inner growth and strength.
- It soothes emotional instability and stress, and stabilizes the emotions, providing calmness.
- Moonstone enhances intuition, promotes inspiration, success and good fortune in love and business matters.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||creamy, translucent white with flashes of blue|
|Hardness (Mohs)||6 – 6.5|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Canada, Australia, India, Madagascar, Mexico, Myanmar, Russia, Sri Lanka and the USA.
- To clean your Rainbow Moonstone, simply use soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse well to remove soapy residue.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo