Background * History
- Mookaite is an Australian Jasper which comes from Mooka Creek in the Kennedy Ranges of Western Australia. It is a variety of Chalcedony, which is a Microcrystalline variety of Quartz. It combines the lighter colors of yellow and red Jasper. In the traditional aboriginal language, the word Mooka means ‘running waters’, and it also pertains to the many springs that run into the Mooka area. Mookaite was formed as the skeletal remains of Radiolaria, microscopic Protozoa with a hard Silica shell, were deposited over millennia as sediment in shallow areas of sea beds. As waters receded, the remains were solidified by additional Silica carried in groundwater, along with minerals that produced its beautiful combinations of red, burgundy, mustard-yellow, cream, white, brown, mauve and purple. Mookaite Jasper is described as Chert, Opalite or Chalcedony, or a combination of the three, varying only with the degree of Silica, and occurs as nodules in the softer clay beneath the creek bed or as multicolored sheets of Chalcedony. There are also rare occurrences of black Dendrite inclusions in Mookaite that produces a dendrite “tree” formation and greatly increases the value.
- There are many spelling variations and terms for this stone, including Mookite, Moakite, Moukite, Mookalite, Mookerite, Mook or Mook Jasper, but according to the locals of Mooka Creek who coined the name, only “Mookaite” is correct.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Mookaite encourages the desire for new experiences and helps to keep a balance between external activities and the internal response to these.
- Mookaite is a nurturing stone that supports and sustains during times of stress. It brings peace and a feeling of wholeness. Mookaite helps us with decision making. It encourages versatility and helps us to accept change. Mookaite provides us with emotional growth.
- Mookaite provides a protective shield against negative or dangerous situations, eliminating and blocking unwanted outside influences and distractions.
- Mookaite stabilises the general health of the whole body and strengthens the immune system. It is a stone of strength, and decision making.
- Meditation with Mookaite increases your flexibility and your ability to see several solutions to any problem.
- It is often used to treat glandular or stomach disorders, hernias, ruptures and water retention, and yoga enthusiasts use it to balance and open the first, second and third chakras.
- Mookaite will sustain you when you’re going through difficult times. It will make you feel whole so that things will not look so bad anymore.
- It will enhance your creativity and encourage the flow of brand new ideas.
- Mookaite is a nurturing stone that can give you what you need. It’s a grounding stone that can keep you strong and stable.
- It’s a shielding stone that will protect you from negative energies
- Mookaite can boost the immune system and lower high blood pressure.
- It’s a highly restorative stone that can help in restoring tissues and prevent the deterioration of the internal organs.
- It can release negative thoughts and feelings that leave you feeling pained, disappointed, or upset.
- The stone’s strong vibrations will inspire you to be braver, more confident and more optimistic about new experiences.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||red, brown, yellow, pink|
|Hardness (Mohs)||6.5- 7|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Mookaite can be easily cleaned using warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or brush. Be sure to rinse it well to remove any soapy residue. Mookaite is quite porous which allows it to be easily stained, absorbing other chemicals and colors very easily. Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme heat.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Cancer, Capricorn, Aries, Scorpio