Background * History
- Lepidolite belongs to the Mica Group and it is not defined as a stone. It was first discovered in the 18th century, when it was called »Lilalite« because of its lavender color. However, it was later named »Lepidolite« by scientists, from the Greek »Lepidos«, which means »scale«, referring to its scaly appearance caused by flakes of Lithium. Lepidolite occurs in Granite Pegmatites and tin veins and is often found with other crystals such as Tourmaline and Quartz.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Lepidolite is sometimes referred to as the “peace stone” because it is thought to have calming properties.
- It is a great comfort to those who are feeling stressed or nervous.
- It is also thought to help those with bipolar disorder because of its mind-balancing properties.
- Lepidolite is thought to open the mind and calm the higher self.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||pink, purplish, reddish, violet-gray, yellowish, white and colorless|
|Hardness (Mohs)||2.5 – 4|
|Specific Gravity||2.8 – 3.3|
|Refractive Index||1.525 to 1.587|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, Russia, USA, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Finland, Czech Republic, Japan, Zimbabwe and Madagascar.
- Lepidolite can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures, and harsh household chemicals and cleaners. Avoid exposing Lepidolite to bleach or sulphuric acid. Lepidolite can be cleaned using warm, soapy water. Wipe down stones using only a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soapy residue.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.