Background * History
- Its name was derived from the Latin word »Lapis« meaning »stone« and from the Arabic and Persian word »Lazaward«. Lazaward was the Persian name for Lapis stone, as well as the name of its mining location. It is technically defined as a rock rather than a mineral.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Since the earliest of times, Lapis Lazuli has been associated with strength and courage.
- The blue stone is reputed to promote harmony in relationships.
- Lapis Lazuli is a stone of protection that may be worn to guard against psychic attacks.
- Lapis Lazuli quickly releases stress, bringing deep peace and it brings harmony and deep inner self-knowledge.
- Encourages self-awareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth, providing qualities of honesty, compassion and morality to the personality.
- Stimulates objectivity, clarity and encourages creativity.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Refractive Index||approx. 1.50|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Afghanistan, USA, Canada, Chile and Russia.
- Lapis Lazuli is softer than many gemstones, but with care, jewelry and ornaments can last for many generations. Lapis Lazuli can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures and harsh household chemicals and cleaners. Avoid exposing Lapis Lazuli to bleach or sulfuric acid. Most Lapis Lazuli can be cleaned using warm, soapy water.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Taurus, Sagittarius