Background * History
- Jasper is an opaque and impure variety of Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). The name »Jasper« is derived from the Greek word for »spotted stone«, referring to its typical multicolored, striped, spotted or flamed appearance. Jasper can form in virtually any color. The most common Jasper patterns include interesting marbling and veining, orbital rings, streaks, spots, flaming and banding.
- There are numerous trade names and classifications used for Jasper such as: Agate Jasper, Banded Jasper, Basanite, Biggs Jasper, Blood Jasper, Brecciated Jasper, Bruneau Jasper, Bumblebee Jasper, Egyptian Jasper, Hornstone, Moss Jasper, Mookaite, Orbicular Jasper, Plasma, Scenic Jasper, Silex and Zebra Jasper.
Healing Properties * Metaphysical
- allergies, astral travel, aura, pain, emotions, energy, skin, blood, bleeding, kidneys, peace, negative energy, responsibility, recovery, immune system, instinct, courage, patience, digestion, gastrointestinal tract, tissue regeneration , radiation, heart, feet, fear, comfort, creativity, fever, education, protection, stomach …
- Breccia Jasper is good for grounding and protection. It increases organizational skills and develops creativity. Breccia Jasper stimulates empathy, helps us with allergies and absorbs negative energy. It cleans and stabilizes the aura field and it is excellent for detoxifying the body. Breccia Jasper helps us with heart and blood problems.
- Black Jasper is a protective stone and is excellent for grounding. It is useful in alleviating all kinds of pain. It helps us with stomach and foot problems. It balances the minerals in the body and helps us recover from long-term illness or surgery.
- Dalmatian Jasper is a grounding stone. It is good for blood, strengthens the immune system and helps us to balance emotions. The noticeable black spots are black Turmalines, which can absorb the negative energy very well.
- Leopard Skin – abdomen, anxiety, blood flow, digestive system, fertility, gallbladder, kidney problems, lethargy, liver, negative energie, peace, protection, serenity, spleen, stability, strength, stress, vitality, weakness…
- Mookaite Jasper is a powerful healing stone. It connects us with the energies of the earth, allowing for greater connection with the instinct. It brings an intuitive understanding of the natural development of the mind. It balances and improves the flow of energy between chakras. It helps to slow down the aging process.
- Ocean Jasper assists in taking responsibility and patience. It improves the digestive process and eliminates toxins that cause body odor and disease.
- Landscape Jasper increases creativity. It brings comfort and reduces fear. It separates toxins from the body and strengthens the immune system. It helps with skin and kidney disease. It reduces radiation.
- Red Jasper can be used in astral travels. It teaches us to take responsibility. Red Jasper deters us from situations that are not good for us. It strengthens the immune system, alleviates various types of pain, stops bleeding and helps us with fever. It neutralizes radiation and other forms of environmental and electromagnetic pollution. Cleans and stabilizes the aura.
- Yellow Jasper is a protective stone. It neutralizes radiation and other forms of environmental and electromagnetic pollution. It is a stone of education. Yellow Jasper helps us in gastric disorders, relieves stressing problems and stimulates tissue regeneration. It detoxifies the organs, helps with digestion, brings courage and gives protection. It supports us in times of stress and anxiety.
- Zebra Jaspis (Spider Web Jasper) is great for grounding and stabilizing. It is a very suitable stone for comfort, and it works well on the aura and chakras. It is useful for all who recover after illness or injury.
- Green Jasper is a stone of balance. It heals and releases diseases and various obsessions. Green Jasper strengthens the immune system and detoxifies the body. It protects us against the pollution and helps us with skin diseases.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Hardness (Mohs)||6.5- 7|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Mexico, Russia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Oregon, Texas and USA.
- Jasper can be easily cleaned using warm, soapy water and a soft cloth or brush. Be sure to rinse it well to remove any soapy residue. Jasper is quite porous which allows it to be easily stained, absorbing other chemicals and colors very easily. Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme heat, as heating can permanently alter the color of your gemstones.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, Aquarius, Aries