Background * History
- The Garnet name is derived from the Latin word for pomegranate seeds »granatum«. When thinking of Garnet, most people think of red gemstones. Although red is the most commonly occurring color, Garnet occurs in almost every color. Garnet is a gem group that occurs in over twenty varieties.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Red Garnet symbolizes a quick return to a separated love, fertility and feminine life force. They are known to aid in the treatment of melancholy and depression by acting as a heart and blood stimulant. Garnet is thought to be extremely beneficial in the realm of business. The stone can attract people to the wearer, which can help provide personal and business success. It is especially beneficial to people wanting to start home businesses. It can cleanse your body, mind, and spirit. Garnet can promote self-empowerment and higher thinking. It is an xcellent stone for meditation and for attaining cosmic consciousness. Garnets protective energies can keep you safe from nightmares and nightmare. It can help get rid of the negative energies and transform them to positive ones. It’s a good gemstone for purification and detoxification. It is good for the blood, heart and lungs. Garnet is known to alleviate pains associated with arthritis and rheumatism. It can inspire confidence.
- Green Garnet: abundance, arteriosclerosis, arthritis, charity, compassion, health, hope, immune system, infections, inflammations, joy, kidneys, kindness, liver, metabolic functions, peace, prosperity, protection, respiratory system, rheumatism, spirituality, strength, wealth…
**Please note that all healing or metaphysical properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||deep red to bright violet-red|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Africa, India, Russia, South America, Madagascar, Pakistan and the USA.
- Clean Garnet stones with warm soapy water and a soft brush. Rinse the stone well after washing it. Ultrasonic treatments may be used for most Garnet, except the demantoid variety. Steam cleaning Garnets may cause color changes from the heat. Protect garnet from sharp blows, extreme temperature changes and harsh chemicals.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Aries, Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn