Background * History
- The word »Fluorite«, derived from the Latin verb »to flow«, refers to Fluorite’s use as a Flux in Steel and Aluminum processing. It was originally named »Fluorspar« by miners and is still called Fluorspar to this day. In 1852, the phenomenon of »fluorescence« was named after Fluorite, since it was one of the first fluorescent minerals studied. The element Fluorine was also named after Fluorite. Fluorine is an essential element in the chemical ion of Fluoride. Fluorite is frequently fluorescent under ultraviolet UV light.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Many people believe Fluorite has a calming effect on the body.
- During the eighteenth century it was ground into powder and mixed with water to treat kidney disease. Ancient Romans believed that drinking alcoholic beverages out of vessels carved from Fluorite would help prevent drunkenness.
- Fluorite is a highly protective and stabilizing stone, useful for grounding and harmonizing spiritual energy.
- Fluorite heightens mental abilities, assisting in rapid organization and processing of information and can bring mental clarity and stability to an otherwise chaotic situation.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||purple, violet, clear and green banded|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Argentina, Austria, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and the USA.
- When cleaning Fluorite, use soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse well to remove soapy residue. As with most colored stones, avoid ultrasonic cleaners and steamers. Avoid the use of bleach and other harsh chemicals.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Capricorn, Pisces