Background * History
- The name Emerald comes from the Sanskrit word »marakata«, which means spring green. Genuine Emeralds may include inclusions, referred to by experts as «jardin« a French word that means garden, which can cloud the stone with minor inclusions. These inclusions are not considered flaws. They indicate that an Emerald is genuine and not lab created. The shade of green is determined by the presence of Chromium Oxide and Vanadium.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Emeralds are believed to be encouraging, calming and balancing because of their color.
- They are also thought to promote creativity and restore optimistic hope in dreams and visions.
- They bring good fortune and are often seen in the cash boxes of business owners who seek to prosper their endeavors.
- Emerald strengthens memory and imparts clarity of thought. It inspires a deep inner knowing, promoting truth and discernment.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Hardness (Mohs)||7.5 – 8|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Colombia, Brazil, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Russia, Afghanistan, Australia, Ghana, India, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, Zambia and USA.
- The best way to clean Emerald jewelry is with warm water, a soft brush and pat dry with a soft cloth. Protect it from scratching and sharp blows that can fracture or shatter the stone. Avoid large temperature changes, ultrasonic cleaners and steam cleaners that can damage the Emerald.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Libra, Cancer, Virgo