Background * History
- Coral is a gemstone quality variety of natural Coral, closely related to reef-building ‘stony’ Coral. Precious Coral is a deep water Coral that forms in rocky seabeds with low levels of sedimentation, typically in dark environments of over 500 feet deep, including caverns and crevices. Precious Coral is slowly built by very small marine animals known as Coral Polyps. These tiny, soft-bodied creatures form with minute, hard shells that accumulate as the colony grows. Over time, the colony begins to form complex branches and skeletal structures composed of hardened Calcium Carbonate, and colored by Carotenoid pigments. These biological formations grow very slowly, often as little as just 1 millimeter per year, ranging in size from small, hand-sized structures to enormous coral reefs.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Coral represents diplomacy and concurrence.
- It quiets the emotions, brings peace and facilitates intuition, imagination and visualization.
- Coral expedites and accelerates the transfer of knowledge.
- Coral strengthens the circulatory system and the bones of the body.
- It stimulates tissue regeneration and nourishes the blood cells.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||deep red to soft pink|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Red Sea, Bay of Biscay, Malaysian Archipelago, Midway Islands, Japan, Taiwan, Australia and the Hawaiian Islands.
- Precious Coral is not very durable compared to most of the other and therefore requires a bit more care and maintenance than other gemstones. Coral is very sensitive to acid and heat. Color is also known to fade with wear and tear. To reduce color loss, avoid exposing your gem to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time and avoid any extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Do not clean your coral with any harsh household cleaners, such as bleach or acid, and avoid spraying perfumes or hairspray while wearing your Coral gems or jewelry. You can wipe down precious coral using a soft cloth and a mild soap or detergent if needed. Be sure to rinse well using warm to room-temperature water to remove soapy residue.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Taurus, Pisces, Libra, Scorpio