Background * History
- Chrysoprase is also called the stone of Venus. It is a very rare form of Quartz. Its most striking attribute is its beautiful color, that of a green apple. However it should be noted that Chrysoprase also comes in a very dark green. Chrysoprase contains traces of Nickel which gives it its color. The word Chrysoprase comes from the Greek χρυσός chrysos meaning ‘gold’ and πράσινον prasinon, meaning ‘green’.
Healing Properties * Metaphysical
- good fortune, prosperity, non-judgmental attitude, superiority and inferiority complexes, speaking, anger, clarity, creativity, abundance, success, fidelity, business, broken heart, self-esteem, emotional balance, acceptance of change, tolerance…
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||pale lemon yellow to pale green|
|Hardness (Mohs)||6-1/2 – 7|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Poland, Germany, Russia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, India, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Brazil, Arizona, California, Oregon and Australia.
- Chrysoprase can be safely cleaned using warm soapy water and a soft cloth. You should keep it away from harsh household chemicals. Chrysoprase will fade if exposed to direct sunlight.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Taurus, Gemini, Libra, Cancer, Scorpio