Background * History
- Bronzite is gemological name for the common mineral, Enstatite. Bronzite is a lovely chocolate brown colored gemstone with golden swirls that shimmer. It is known to be a common part of Meteorites. Bronzite is a weathered form of Enstatite, which is part of the Pyroxene family (a series of Magnesium) as an Iron bearing variety with a great many inclusions which give it the bronze-like luster when polished. Composed of a complex mix of Magnesium and Magnesium Iron Silicate, it is created from a combination of Enstatite and Hypersthene, found very deep within the earth. Bronzite flashes of bronze light, named Schiller, are due to a sub metallic luster which appears most prominently when it has been well polished.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- It is said that the Romans of Ancient time used ground Bronzite as an elixir for protection against mental confusion and illness and a general treatment to strengthen the nerves.
- Bronzite is known to be a stone of focused action and a stone of courtesy. It promotes loving, unprejudiced discernment within the bearer.
- This stone will help you develop in all areas relative to service and will bring you the value of assistance to the forefront of the conscious mind. It is quite helpful in gaining certainty in our decisions and with taking control of our actions.
- As with all Iron bearing gemstones, this stone is thought to be protective. Bronzite will send any ill-will or evil intent to the bearer back to the sender thrice-fold!
- Bronzite will boost one’s self esteem when one must face a challenging choice or difficult decision and will assist the bearer to be strong and power through. It will bring you general inner piece, removing stress and work favorably on the psyche by protecting again depressive and discordant moods.
- With the ability to bring one’s body into perfect pH balance, Bronzite is helpful with the treatment of many skin ailments such as acne, eczema, rashes and cysts as well as premature aging and skin dehydration.
- Bronzite relaxes tense muscles and muscular cramps and is also used to assist one’s body in normal transformational cycles.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||Brown-green, yellowish, green, colorless|
|Specific Gravity||3.3 – 3.4|
|Refractive Index||1.65 to 1.68|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, India, Labrador, Burma, East Africa, South Africa, Sri Lanka and USA.
- Bronzite can be quite sensitive to strong pressure, high temperatures, and harsh household chemicals and cleaners. Avoid exposing Bronzite to bleach or sulphuric acid. Bronzite can be cleaned using warm, soapy water. Wipe down stones using only a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soapy residue.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Leo, Libra