Background * History
- Aventurine is a variety of Quartz. Glittery inclusions are typically composed of Muscovite Mica, which usually results in medium to dark green Aventurine stones with a silvery green or blue sheen. In addition to Muscovite Mica, Hematite or Goethite may also be included, which also yields iridescence. Aventurine typically ranges from light to dark-green in color. Aventurine is often so heavily included with Fuchsite, that it is technically defined as a rock and not a mineral.
- Quartz has been used for centuries for gemstones and other ornamental objects. Some of the earliest known primitive tools were composed of Quartz and discovered in Ethiopia’s Omo Valley. Many of the tools date back more than two and a half million years and were found to be constructed from Aventurine Quartz. Aventurine is a superior material for tool-making because of its excellent hardness and also its isotropic brittleness that allows it to be shaped relatively easily.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Aventurine is known to be a stone of luck.
- Green Aventurine is thought to hold the most power compared to other colors available.
- Aventurine is thought to stimulate dreams and have a positive effect on psychic ability and to promote feelings of well-being and give its wearer a positive outlook on life.
- If you long for change, aventurine is for you.
- It keeps various chakras open and unblocked, allowing good things to come your direction.
- Aventurine can ease anxiety and strong emotion.
- Aventurine is thought to help one make decisions from the heart, stimulating creative inspiration and giving its wearer the courage to live among others.
- It is a comforter and supporter as well as a balancing stone.
- It is an ideal stone for treating heart and respiratory disorders.
- Aventurine is also believed to help improve vision.
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, Chile, Japan, India, Austria, Russia and Tanzania.
- You can clean your Aventurine with warm soapy water and a soft cloth or brush. As with almost all gemstones, the use of harsh household chemicals should be avoided when caring for or cleaning Aventurine. Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme heat, which may cause damage to Aventurine gemstones.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Aries, Leo, Aquarius, Cancer