Background * History
- The name »Apatite« was derived from a Greek word meaning »cheat« because of its close resemblance to several other gemstones that are often more valuable. It occurs in a wide variety of colors and forms and it is a very common mineral. The transparent Apatite is extremely rare. Apatite can sometimes exhibit the chatoyancy (cat’s eye effect). The effect is caused by light reflection from parallel inclusions within a stone, typically Rutile needles, fibers or channels. Apatite develops as crystals within Granite pegmatites, metamorphic rocks and igneous environments. It can vary in composition based on the level of hydroxide, fluorine or chlorine ions.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- arthritis, bones, cartilage, creativity, extroversion, fear, inspiration, learning, negative energy, teeth…
- Blue Apatite – ambition, anger, arthritis, bones, cartilage, communication, concentration, creativity, dizziness, dreams, emotional exhaustion, eyes, fear, glands, headaches, hypertension, independence, joints, learning, management, memory, meridians, metabolism, motivation, motor skills, organs, problem solving, rickets, self-consciousness, sorrow, speaking, teaching, teeth, vertigo…
- Green Apatite – adversity, anger, bulimia, cells, communication, courage, creativity, emotional pain, glands, growth problems, healing, heart, hope, hypertension, illnesses, knowledge, meridians, organs, psychic communication, self-consciousness, sorrow, stress, teaching, telepathy…
- Yellow Apatite – abundance, apathy, body toxins, bones, business skills, cartilage, communication, concentration, courage, creativity, depression, digestion, endocrine system, fear, gallbladder, hope, joints, knowledge, learning, lethargy, listlessness, liver, negative patterns, optimism, pancreas, posture, prosperity, spleen, success, teaching, teeth…
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Color||colorless, yellow, white, pink, blue, violet, green|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, Norway, Sri Lanka, Myanmar (Burma), India, Kenya, South Africa, Mexico, Canada, United States, Madagascar…
- To clean your Apatite, simply use soapy water and a soft cloth. Be sure to rinse well to remove soapy residue. As with most gemstones, ultrasonic cleaners and steamers are not recommended. When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches. It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports. Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.