Background * History
- Amethyst is one of the most precious and valuable stones belonging to the Quartz group of minerals. It belongs to the macro crystalline branch of Quartz and owes its violet/purple color to Iron and Aluminum impurities. Amethyst crystals grow on the inside surface of Agate Geodes. While the crystals themselves may grow to be several inches, the Geodes containing the Amethyst crystals often reach several feet in height. This majestic gemstone ranges in color from deep purple to pale lavender depending on the presence of Manganese and Iron. Amethyst can also appear reddish-purple or yellow-purple depending on the combination of minerals present in the Clear Quartz.
Healing * Metaphysical Properties
- Purple Amethyst – evil thoughts, intelligence, psychic abilities, intuition, peace, unification, serenity, calmness, insomnia, sugar imbalances, headaches, pancreatic disorders, backache, alcoholism…
- Green Amethyst (Prasiolite) – toxins, tumors, ulcers, growths, blockages, stomach acid, nutrient absorption, prosperity, wealth, fortune, abundance, good fortune, motivation, negative energy, self-confidence, worries, heart, happiness, joy, compassion…
**Please note that all metaphysical or healing properties listed are collected from various sources. This information is offered as a service and not meant to treat medical conditions. Moirai.si does not guarantee the validity of any of these statements.
|Appearance||purple, violet, red-violet|
Origin and Gemstone Sources
- Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Uruguay, Madagascar, Germany, Australia, Mexico, Africa, Russia and USA.
- This stone is fairly hard and durable so it can be cleaned using a steamer and ultrasonic cleaner. Amethyst can easily be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap. Wipe down Amethyst using a soft cloth or toothbrush. Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme heat, because heat can cause permanent damage to the gemstone.
- When storing gemstones or gemstone jewelry, store them inside a fabric-lined box or wrapped in a soft cloth separately from other type of gemstones to prevent damage or scratches.
- It is best to remove any jewelry before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, such as exercise or sports.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hairspray on your precious gems.
- Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces